Sun, Oct 22|
"End of Summer" Kappa Color Cruise
Join the Kappa's AND the Fiero's for the last run of the 2023 season. YOU MUST RSVP IF COMING TO THIS RIDE DUE TO THE POTENTIAL SIZE OF THE GROUP DINING AT THE RESTAURANT! Phone: 734.612.5400 to RSVP by October 20th!
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2023, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Brighton, 8650 Grand River Ave, Brighton, MI 48116, USA
About The Event
Travel beautiful, winding, tree-lined two-lane roads with the hopes of viewing peak fall colors. A 90 mile ride from Brighton, MI to Jackson, MI with a mid-point stop at North Lake Country Store in Chelsea, MI. The ride will begin at the south end of the Brighton Meijer parking lot. The Meijer is at 8650 Grand River Avenue, Brighton. Drivers meeting at noon. There is adjacent gasoline and restrooms at the Meijer facility. Take WB 96/SB 23/NB 23 to 96W exiting at Spencer Rd exit # 147 to NB Grand River Ave., OR EB 96 Exit 145 to SB Grand River Ave. The ride will terminate at The Hunt Club, 1514 Daniel Road in Jackson, MI. A menu can be viewed online at http://thehuntclubmichiganjh.com. Save room for dessert - across the street is The Parlour, a national icon with a fantastic diner like atmosphere that will transport you back in time, with 44+ different flavors of made in MICHIGAN ice ream! https://www.facebook.com/thejacksonparlour/
Ride will proceed rain or shine, top up or top down. The ride will be of the parade/caravan type. Turn-by-turn directions will be provided. One scheduled BIO break will be at the midpoint of the ride in Chelsea, Michigan. If any non-MKC members wish to join the ride, please E-mail Jim at email@example.com to ensure restaurant accommodations and enough printed materials.
1. Arrive BEFORE Noon, with a FULL tank, and an EMPTY bladder.
2. Use your turn signal so everyone in the caravan can anticipate the turns.
3. Don't tailgate, but don't lose sight of the car ahead, so no one gets separated from the group.
4. Two-way radios will be used. About ten loaner radios are available for use by those who need one.
5. The speed limit will be observed, particularly in town or congested/residential areas.)
6. Collector points will follow any instances where we may momentarily become separated.
7. Solo drivers are invited to drive mid-pack, so as to be less dependent on written directions.
8. A Waiver of Liability will be available for your signature prior to receiving your "Directions Packet".
9. Organizer Cell number for any concerns prior to or during the ride: Jim-734.612.5400